About / Contact
Iman Tajik is Iranian artist and photographer based in Glasgow, Scotland. Tajik’s work is anchored in a strong social interest and demonstrates an effort to make work that is a critical tool connected to international movements for social change. Tajik’s work addresses issues of contemporary conditions of life with particular focus on migration and globalization as a result of the diaspora nation of the planet. Tajik makes installations, video, photography and performance. Through these mediums, Tajik ’performs the border’. This speaks to personal experiences of crossing geographical borders and socio-political barriers to insists on the right to freedom of movement. Through this, Tajik spotlights and stresses the need for resistance towards barriers and boundaries that are implemented socially and politically in favour of some but not all. A contribution towards bridging the divide between self and other is paramount to Tajik’s practice.
Iman Tajik founded Who is? Project by collaboration with Jonas Jessen Hansen in 2017. Who Is?Project has been created as a space to open conversation surrounding the current migrant crisis and the rise of nationalism.
CV is available as request.
2019- Art Collection of University of Stirling, Stirling, UK
2018- Fleming Collection ( Fleming Wyfold Art Foundation), London, UK
2018- Baillie Gifford, Edinburgh, UK
2017- Migration Collection, Glasgow, UK
2019 - The Journal of Unconditional Being, CCA Glasgow, UKhttps://www.cca-glasgow.com/programme/the-journal-of-unconditional-being-publication-launch-and-defence-for-children-greece-fundraiser
2017 - Hopeful v Hopeless, GSA Glasgow, UK
- 2020- 24 April - 10 May. "Bordered Miles" Glasgow International (GI), Biennial Visual Ars Festival, Glasgow, Scotland. https://glasgowinternational.org.
- 2019- 27 Sep to 13 Oct, "From The Other Side", Croute and Commissioned by Tate Modern's Community and social Team and Better Bankside. Installation Location: Fora Borough, 180 Borough High St, SE1 1LB(opposite Borough Station.
- 2019- “Freedom Of Movement”, Commissioned by SRC for Refugee Festival Scotland 2019
- 2019 - “The personal alongside a world of personals", Art Collection University of Stirling, Stirling, Scotland.
- 2018 - "Fleming50, Radicals, Pioneers and Rebels: Artists from the Fleming Collection” Fine Art Society Gallery, part of Edinburgh Art Festival, Edinburgh, Scotland
- 2018 - "Crossroads", Who is? Project, posters campaign in Glasgow, Scotland
- 2018- "Who Are They? Who Are We?", Who is? Project, The Hidden Gardens, Tramway, Glasgow, Scotland
- 2018 - "Glasgow School of Art, Degree show", Tonti Building, Glasgow, Scotland
- 2017 - "US+Them", Who is? Project, Isle of Bute, Scotland
- 2017 - "Who is" Exhibition, 'Who is? Project', at Civic Room, Glasgow, Scotland
- 2017 - "GSA 3Y FAP" group show, House for an Art Lover, Glasgow, Scotland
- 2016 - “25% Extra”, Laurieston Arches, Glasgow
- 2016 - "SYZYGY", GSA Group Show, Glasgow, Scotland
- 2015 - "Wet Denim Trackie", group show, SWG3, Glasgow
- 2014 - "Transit Zone" exhibition, Gallery of modern art, Balcony 1 & 2, Glasgow, Scotland
- 2013 - "End of year show", group show, Glasgow City of College
- 2013 - "RFS week", The Arches, Glasgow, Scotland
- 2013 - "Lost life", Paisley Arts Centre, Paisley, Scotland
- 2012 - "End of year show", Clynd Bank College, Glasgow, Scotland
- 2012 - "Lost life", Black History Festival, Union, Stayldclyde University, Glasgow, Scotland
2020 -Glasgow International (GI) Buresery Award, Biennial Visual Ars Festival, Glasgow, Scotland.
2020 - Deveron Project Residency, Huntly, Scotland
2019 - Hope Scott Trust, Visual art fund Award
2018 - Shortlist for Glasgow school of art sustainability prize
2017 - Baillie Gifford Scholarship
2016 - Refugee Festival Scotland Media Awards 2016- Photography
2014 - Refugee Week Scotland Media Awards 2014- Photography
2014 - Embracing Diversity Competition 2014, City of Glasgow College
2014 - The title of ILFORD PHOTO Student Photographer of the Year 2013 – DARKROOM, UK
2013 - UK Student Competition 2013 entitled “Pride & Prejudice”, by HARMAN technology Ltd
2013 - West College Scotland photography Prize 2013 (The best photographer of year) by Calumet
2013 - Scottish Parliament Photography Competition 2013, Scotland
2013 - CBS OUTDOOR photography competition 2013, London, Uk
17 January 2020 - Huntly, UK.
- Artist talk | Friday event by Deveron Project, 12 pm to 1:30 pm at Deveron project, Huntly, UK
5 November 2019 - Glasgow, UK.
- Artist talk | The School of Social & Political Sciences | University of Stirling, 10 am to 3:30 pm
26 August 2019 - Stirling, UK.
- Artist in conversation and run a flag-making workshop, Artreach Summer Campus | artlink Central | University of Stirling, 10 am to 3:30 pm
28 June 2019 - Dundee, UK.
27 June 2019 - Glasgow, UK
24 Aug 2018, Edinburgh, UK.
25 Jun 2016, Glasgow, UK
- Trazitzone exhibition, Refugee Festival, Gallery oF Modern Art, Glasgow, UK
• 2020 - The List, https://www.list.co.uk/article/114691-iman-tajik-art-hasthe-power-to-build-and-transform-social-relations-and-to-advocate-for-equality-and-justice/?platform=hootsuite
•2019 - North East of North. June https://northeastofnorth.com/freedom-of-movement/
• 2019 - ART Scottish, Art News Magazine, Issue 30 Autumn 2019 – Paper Magazine- page 24 and 25.
• 2017-It’s Nice That, June Issue https://www.itsnicethat.com/articles/iman-tajik-jonas-jessen-hansen-who-is-
• 2017 - Glasgow Live, June https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/glasgow-news/glasgow-lives-iman-34-
• 2017 - Plat forma, May http://www.platforma.org.uk/who-is-project/
enter text here