About / Contact
Iman Tajik is an Iranian artist and award-winning photographer based in Glasgow, Scotland. Tajik’s work is anchored in a strong social interest and demonstrates an effort to make work that is a critical tool connected to international movements for social change. Tajik’s work addresses issues of contemporary conditions of life with particular focus on migration and globalization as a result of the diaspora nation of the planet. Tajik makes installations incorporating video, photography and performance. Through these mediums, Tajik ’performs the border’. This speaks to personal experiences of crossing geographical borders and socio-political barriers to insists on the right to freedom of movement. Through this, Tajik spotlights and stresses the need for resistance towards barriers and boundaries that are implemented socially and politically in favour of some but not all. A contribution towards bridging the divide between self and other is paramount to Tajik’s practice.
Iman Tajik founded Who is? Project by collaboration with Jonas Jessen Hansen in 2017. Who Is?Project has been created as a space for open conversation surrounding the current migrant crisis and the rise of nationalism.
CV is available as request.
2018- Baillie Gifford, Edinburgh, UK
2018- Fleming Collection ( Fleming Wyfold Art Foundation), London, UK
2017- Migration Collection, Glasgow, UK
- 2018 "Fleming50, Radicals, Pioneers and Rebels: Artists from the Fleming Collection” Fine Art Society Gallery, part of Edinburgh Art Festival, Edinburgh, Scotland
- 2018 "Crossroads", Who is? Project, posters campaign in Glasgow, Scotland
- 2018 -"Who Are They? Who Are We?", Who is? Project, The Hidden Gardens, Tramway, Glasgow, Scotland
- 2018 - "Glasgow School of Art, Degree show", Tonti Building, Glasgow, Scotland
- 2017 - "US+Them", Who is? Project, Isle of Bute, Scotland
- 2017 - "Who is" Exhibition, 'Who is? Project', at Civic Room, Glasgow, Scotland
- 2017 - "GSA 3Y FAP" group show, House for an Art Lover, Glasgow, Scotland
- 2016 - “25% Extra”, Laurieston Arches, Glasgow
- 2016 - "SYZYGY", GSA Group Show, Glasgow, Scotland
- 2015 - "Wet Denim Trackie", group show, SWG3, Glasgow
- 2014 - "Transit Zone" exhibition, Gallery of modern art, Glasgow, Scotland
- 2013 - "End of year show", group show, Glasgow City of College
- 2013 - "RFS week", The Arches, Glasgow, Scotland
- 2013 - "Lost life", Paisley Arts Centre, Paisley, Scotland
- 2012 - "End of year show", Clynd Bank College, Glasgow, Scotland
- 2012 - "Lost life", Black History Festival, Union, Stayldclyde University, Glasgow, Scotland